Building Young Minds and Massachusetts’ Future
Launched in 2010 as a joint initiative of the Department of Early Education and Care (EEC), and the United Way of Massachusetts Bay and Merrimack Valley, Brain Building in Progress is a statewide campaign to raise public awareness and involvement in young children’s healthy development and early learning. Our work is based upon the latest science and research on early childhood development. Our mission is to raise awareness of the critical importance of fostering the cognitive, social and emotional development of young children by emphasizing its future impact on the economic prosperity of everyone in Massachusetts.
The “Brain Building in Progress” campaign promotes the important role everyone can play in building young children’s brains. We welcome the business, education, and policy-making communities, as well as members of the media to be part of this crucial venture. By providing a strong start for our youngest citizens, we create a stronger, more prosperous future for all.
How can you get involved with the Brain Building in Progress Campaign?
- Be a Brain Building champion – use our resources to hold a Brain Building event in your community, turn your business into a Brain Building Zone, or submit a Brain Building Letter to the Editor of your local paper
- Bring your child to a Brain Building Zone
- Find a Brain Building event happening in your community
- Check out our partners and learn how to become a partner
- For more information, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Brain Building in Progress (SM) and the Brain Building in Progress (SM) logo are servicemarks of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, registered in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Brain Building in Progress (SM) word mark and logo may only be used with the express consent of the Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care.